The purpose of the Services to Older Refugees Program (SORP) is to support the health and wellness of refugees who are 60 and above and who are residents of New York State.
Through this program, we assist older refugees in gaining access to available aging services that support physical and emotional health, independent living, and integration into new communities.
- Housing Assistance
- Public Benefits Application Assistance
- Medical/Mental Health Care and Counseling
- Supportive Services
- Legal Services
- Food and Nutrition Assistance
- Naturalization Assistance
- Referrals for Other Services
- Community Education Workshops
- Socialization and Community Engagement